Instant Pot Bang Bang Chicken only takes minutes and is so delicious! This is a lighter version of a spicy sauce is perfect on shredded chicken. This recipe can be used for rice bowls, salads, wraps, or however you want!
Makes 4-6 servings
Chicken & Rice:
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup chicken stock
2 T Sriracha
1 1/2 cups brown rice
2 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup light mayo
1 1/2 T sriracha
1 T chili sauce
1 T vinegar
1 1/2 T sugar or honey
Green onions, sliced
For chicken and rice: In a small bowl mix together chicken stock and 2T of Sriracha, set aside.
Place chicken breasts into instant pot. Pour Sriracha mixture over the top.
Put the instant pot rack over top of the chicken. It will be touching the chicken, it's ok! In an oven safe bowl, add the water. Place the bowl on the instant pot rack. Close the linstat pot. Make sure the valve is closed. Cook on high (manual) for 7 minutes. After the 7 minutes allow 10 minutes to naturally release. After 10 minutes, open the pressure valve to release the remaining pressure. Carefully remove the lid.
4. While the instant pot is cooking, mix all of the ingredients together for the sauce in a large bowl - set aside.
5. Using oven mitts, remove the rice bowl from the instant pot and fluff with a fork.
6. With tongs, remove chicken from the instant pot and put it onto a cutting board. With 2 forks shred the chicken. Place the chicken in the bowl with the sauce. Take 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid that is left in the instant pot, and pour into chicken and sauce mixture.
7. Using oven mitts or a towel, remove rice bowl from instant pot; carefully fluff rice with a fork and set aside. Using tongs remove rack on top of the chicken. Remove chicken breasts and transfer to a cutting board. Shred the chicken using 2 forks. Once shredded, add chicken back to instant pot to absorb the cooking liquid. Stir to combine.
8. Serve chicken over the brown rice and top with your favorite topping.
Nutrition: 346 calories, Protein 33g, Fat: 4g, Sat Fat: 1g, Sodium: 187 mg